Monday, 16 January 2012

Betty's Beauties Part 2...Kitchen things

Here is Part 2 of my treasures from my friend Betty's place, including some old china & kitchen things. Below is the lovely old cabinet Betty gave me some years back when she moved into higher care which remains one of my most treasured pieces of furniture.


I love the stained glass detailing.


Filled to the brim with treasures.



I've posted about this one before here....my beloved birdy salt & pepper shakers.



This little milk jug belonged to Betty's mum Lilly. Betty says it is very old, I'm guessing early 1900's.



Another slightly larger jug.



A quirky little Japanese made salt house....where Betty kept her salt.



An old Aladdin Stanley thermos flask.



Betty's old kitchen scales to add to my growing collection.



 An old timer literally.


Very dainty salt & pepper shakers.




A lovely old Japanese plate.


An interesting Japanese made teapot.



I've had my eye out for one of these for a while....A Swift Whip.


An old bread bin tin & a couple of tins in other sizes.


Maybe this should have gone to the dump but I figure it has more character then my plastic dustpan & brush. I love the aqua coloured tin pan & the label engraving on the wooden brush.


Yet more to come in another post...........

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful treasures!!! Even more beautiful because they come with such a special and lovely connection.
    I love the rose jug.
    Happiness to you sweet.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swift Whip is a great name for a whisk! The cabinet is gorgeous, I love stained glass. You have such a wonderful collection of treasures. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that's a collection and a half. And more to come, you say. Can't wait. Love the birdy s&p sets and the salt pot. I shreiked with excitement when I saw the Stanley flask (I know, I need to get out more). I love a good flask and the Stanley is the Rolls Royce of flasks (I have one and several more inferior makes besides!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all lovely! It's brilliant that everything has gone to someone who will love it rather than being unsentimentally being thrown out, which is what happens to a lot of possessions when some one passes on or moves into care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cabinet is beautiful, love the details and those salt and pepper birdies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!