Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Op Shop Stuff....

I love op shopping, I really do.
I like to go in without expectation, it's always a bit hit and miss.
But I love it when I spy something that I simply can't live without.

I've never seen a set of wall birds at the charity shops, until now that is. I found this set at Salvos for a fiver. I have no idea of the maker or history, but they feel old. I think they are actually made of metal underneath. Being the crazy bird lady, they had to come home with me, obviously.




Tins.....I can never have enough!
I love the shape and hinged lid, and the vibrant colours.



Green + Brooch
Need I say more?
Endos




A faux wooden poodle to add to my kitsch shadow box
He still has his original sticker underneath.
Red Cross shop



As well as being rather obsessed by accessories, I'm obsessed with how to best store them. 
I found this modern mini plate stand, which is perfect for some of my favourite pieces.
If only I had more surface space for the containers of accessories!



I also picked up this silver tree thing, that had little oval frames hanging from the branches.
It's the perfect size for old bracelets.
Salvos


I think it was the orange that caught my eye with this one....that and the little sections that I knew would be perfect for hair clips and the like. It's a Hong Kong made wooden whatchamacallit.
Salvos




Signing off till next time!

16 comments:

  1. Oh good grief, I'm squealing (AGAIN) at every single picture! I love the birds and the orange thingymebob. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are just gorgeous. I love your pink shadow box! and pieces on it. and the wall birds and all the accessories. Hope you are well, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love that orang floral wooden box storage caddy thing. It certainly would have caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe you, Vintage Coconut and I have the same bouffant poodles! Love the bird wall plaques, too. You'd dead right, nothing beats the thrill of a bit of secondhand shopping. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear god!!! Flying birds? Last time I saw those was in NZ about 25 years ago! I love them so much and thank you for causing me to inflict drool all over my keyboard ... your containers and jewellery whats-its are amazing! Ooooh and I get to have a perve over your amazing brooch collection :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course those birds had to come home with you! Aren't they lovely? I'm a sucker for tins too, and I knew Vix would love the poodle! Keep op shopping (as if you need encouraging...!) cos you never know what's out there waiting for you! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! Those birds remind me of the chalk ware sparrows my grandmother had in her hallway. I've been keeping my eye out for some of them but chalk ware is hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The birds are simply GORGEOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. May, I jump on the bandwagon and tell you how much I love those birds!? From the thumbnail, I thought they would be like the vintage plastic ones I found secondhand (and I only found two, we all know there should be three!). Your birds are the most awesome things ever made. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah - awesome scores! I think I love all your vintage storage solutions - especially that cake tray thingee. Also love those birds:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always find the most interesting things! I love your shadow box and all the kitschy ornaments in it. I am a real one for collecting vintage tins too, but I like the watchamacallit most!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with that jewelry stand and orange caddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that you are pretty good at this obsession of yours. You always amaze me with what you find. I just wish our charity shops here had a quarter of the stuff that you find over there. I suppose I am in a fairly rural part of England, but even so, cmon!! Love love love the swallows they are amazing, I have always wanted a set for my walls, so I am so jealous!! Love the tins, equal obsession here, but possibly slightly more reserved :-) and love the brooch. I sure looks like you need quite a few things to keep all your lovely accessories in them. I used to be accessories mad, but then I found out that (through ME tests) that I had high levels of nickel in my body and that I had to stop wearing any jewelry unless its gold. I hope you are feeling a little better, it has been manic here for me too and I also crashed last week and have been feeling a bit low, but mood is up again this week thankfully, but still feeling pretty done in. Kids break from school today, but we will have some time to unwind and relax over the Christmas break. I am sending you much love sweetie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds and buys, love the birds and the tin and your animal collection looks like mine :-) have a lovely christmas, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I am from America and was just browsing your back entries. I have a Siamese cat salt shaker like yours in the shadow box and his mate. They belonged to my mom who bought them back in the 70s. Strange how one like mine turns up on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!