Friday, 30 May 2014

Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy

It's been a whole week since I last posted. Those who connect with me on facebook would know it's been a bit of a rough week. But I had to share a Frock Friday from a couple of weeks ago. I bought this vintage cotton dress at last years Auckland Vintage & Textiles Fair, which lucky for me just happens to coincide with our usual holiday to New Zealand. It has a zip front & two pockets. I haven't worn it since last September, because it got too tight. But now it fits so I'd better make the most of it! 
Winter begins in 2 days time, but it's still SO warm here which is so annoying to a winter girl like me. We're still sleeping with a fan on at night, & it's been around 28 degrees each day. BOO! 
I do hope a cold change is just around the corner.









Outfit Details....

Cotton dress - Auckland vintage fair
Green scarf worn as tie, and crochet bag (of which I changed the handles) - Gifted from gorgeous vintage Mummy warrior Trudie
Enamel brooch - Cassies Corner at a market
Button ring - The Collective Store
Bakelite bangles - Ebay & op shopped
Belt, shoes & sunnies - Retail





Lets hope next week is a better one so I can spend a bit more time vertical rather then horizontal!

12 comments:

  1. Oh you gorgeous honey. I know it's been a rough week, I'm sending you love, love, love.
    I love the sweet little floral on this dress, and with pockets and a zip front it's a winner. Certainly a dress I'd be eyeing off if you're having a destash. I giggle at the scarf and bag they both come together in outfits a bit don't they? I'm so glad I gifted the bag to you, you truly make the best forever home for her.

    You are such a incredible woman, I'm in awe of you. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great dress sweet......love the crochet bag.
    I hope you are feeling better soon......take care.....love v

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh I spy the old ambulance station! Isn't it a wonderful building? Apparently if you make an advance booking, groups can go through and look at all the old ambo paraphernalia from 50-odd years ago. You have been suffering this week love, I appreciate the efforts you've made to keep us posted as it's so important for people to understand more about M.E. Tomorrow we're promised 23 degrees (YAY!) - I think we're the only people in Brisbane to WANT a proper winter! Hopefully cooler temps will mean you'll be more comfortable. Big hugs gorgeous xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the scarf you tied round your neck is just so perfect!

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered if it was a fire station in the background, but I see from reading Desiree's comment that its an ambulance station. I think its a great backdrop to your beautiful photos. I am sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well, I can tell from the fb posts that there is a lot of misunderstanding about ME. I am thinking of you and hope that the temperatures come down and you are feeling more comfortable soon. The NZ dress is gorgeous, and as always you are perfectly accessorised. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a lovely frock, Leisa, and the little scarf tied at the neck is a perfect addition.
    Hope the temps drop a bit, and that you feel stronger soon. Sending much love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely crisp cotton frock - it looks lovely with the crochet bag and the scarf! Hope this week is much, much better! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you had a bad week, but fingers crossed this week is much better for you, sending lots of positive thiughts and vibes your way! I love the dress, it looks great on you, I'm such a sucker for vintage, in fact pretty much all of my wardrobe is second hand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope you're feeling a bit better - your comments on my blog were sweet and I just have a cold! I love that frock and I can't wait to come to the vintage fair with you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful building, it looks a bit like our Roslyn Fire Station. Be kind to yourself and keep cool.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!