Friday, 23 May 2014

I'm wearing a John Wayne movie

I spied this incredible fabric on the dress up rack at one of my favourite op shops for $5. I tried it on & held my breath hoping it would fit, & it did....Just! I have taken out the side seams a little. It's been handmade to a high standard. It's still a bit fitted for my liking but the style is really lovely. I especially love the neckline & shoulder straps, but it's that fabric that steals the show!




A historic church that's been around since 1874











Outfit Details....

Homemade dress - Op shopped
Hand knitted cardigan - Op shopped
Enamel flower brooch - Cassies Corner at a market
Deer brooch, bracelet & rings - Op shopped
Tooled leather bag - Ebay
Shoes & sunnies - Retail



17 comments:

  1. I just love fabric like that on your John Wayne dress. In architecture it's called vernacular. I wonder what it is called in the fabric world. You are doing the Wild West proud. The reindeer pin is too cute. You look just as sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is incredible! LOVE it! Hope all is well, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing find!! Love the dress and the accessories you've put with it especially that cardie and beautiful bag. Me likey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric rocks! What a super find. That style looks lovely on you, too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The print on that fabric is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, classic fabric. I am amazed at your neverending stream of vintage dresses you have found ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this dress and the fabric - what a great find. How handy too that you could let it out at the seams!!! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric is too good to be true!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that dress is FANTASTIC!! Awesome find xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is AMAZING! So very cool. When I was little I wanted to want to be a cowboy so this dress totally speaks to me. That lemon cardigan is adorable too. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. The title of this post gave me a good laugh! What an incredible printed dress! I love the straps too, and it looks fabulous they way you've worn it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is fantastic fabric........love the green and yellow combination........perfect.
    Cute deer brooch.
    Hope you have had a fabulous weekend. Love v

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous fabric indeed! You look amazing in yellow, Leisa, these photos of you are especially gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely little church! That fabric is incredible, no wonder you were so taken!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit and that dress is such a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow that dress IS cool!!! I have really been loving scenic fabrics lately, and this one takes the cake!
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a fab dress!!! SCORE!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!