Friday, 16 May 2014

I've got one hand in my pocket

I've never worn either of these pieces before. I got the 60's shift dress at a tiny church run op shop for $3 back in Feb. It had strange inbuilt bra cups which I cut out. I wasn't sure if the colours were really me, but I do adore navy so I went for it. The jacket is a brushed cotton fabric from Christchurch in New Zealand. I bought it at an op shop with Queen Helga last year. It has two pockets and a tie waist. Ir could probably be worn as a dress if I could do up the buttons. I think the real reason I put this outfit together was because of my new granny shoes. I found them last week at Salvos for $4. Full leather & never worn before with a dainty heel. I know they aren't to everyone's taste being rather 80 year old lady style, but I love them.
Oh how I love being all matchy-matchy.








 Outfit Details.....

60's shift dress - Op shopped
Jacket/dress as jacket - Op shopped in New Zealand
Bath mat bag - Op shopped
Enamel brooch - Etsy
Tape measure bangles - Mrs Robinsons @ Tarras in New Zealand
Old rings - One from childhood & one from the WAC
Sunglasses & tights - Retail
Vintage shoes - Op shopped







12 comments:

  1. super cute outfit! I especially have to find a handbag like that...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love granny shoes. And that print dress with the tweedy coat ~ just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear god I love the mix of prints and pinky red colours in this riotous, sensational outfit!!!!!! You've tickled me to bits with this combo and I love the shoes, they look fabulous with everything you're wearing! LOVE!!!! xoxoxooxoxxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this, Leisa! The dress and coat are an inspired pairing, you look fabulous.
    Now let's go get a coffee - nothing fancy, apart from us, of course! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic outfit from the coat down to the shoes! the print of the dress is insanely fabulous and I adore those tape measure bangles. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I think this is now my favourite outfit - I just love love love the jacket and the dress! Fabulous accessorising as usual. Hope you are having a great weekend, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combo! But wow, that jacket looks completely different close-up to what I would have expected. I would have snapped up those shoes, too, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful print mixing! The bath mat bag makes me giggle, but it's just too cute!!!

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a dreamy print combo. Would you believe I was criticised last week for wearing checked tights with a flowered dress? What a boring world we would have if everyone dressed the same!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this would have to be my favourite outfit of yours. EVER! I am in love with the colours, the prints, the bag and those awesome shoes. XXX

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!